Dr. Paul Au
Clinical Director, Essential Dental Care
BDS (Edin 1984) MSc. (Edin 1990)
Having graduated from University of Edinburgh in 1984, I spent a number of years in the Community Dental Service in the Lothian area gaining experience in treating children and special needs group. I was also able to achieve a masters degree in that field in 1990.
As my parents decided to emigrate to Canada in the late 80s, I was encouraged to cross the pond to learn from the North Americans who are certainly more advanced in certain aspects of dentistry. During the ten years that I was in Vancouver, I was able to run a successful private practice and gained further training in cosmetic, implant and orthodontic (braces) dentistry. My time there proved fruitful in more ways than one as my two children were born there too.
In 2001, I was invited to return to Hong Kong (my birthplace) to be a principal dentist in a leading dental health care firm. However, I have always wanted to have my children brought up and educated in the pleasant surrounds of Edinburgh. Upon returning in 2003, I joined a private practice in the southside of Edinburgh
I started this practice in 2008 and it is my utmost desire to provide high quality care using the most up-to-date equipment and materials. My aim is to help you achieve optimal dental health and a healthy and attractive smile by providing all aspects of dental care including implants, invisible braces, cosmetic veneers, all-ceramic crowns/bridges, laser treatments and facial aesthetics.
I believe we have assembled a team of dedicated individuals who can provide a professional, safe and relaxed environment for these treatments to be carried out. I look forward to meeting all of you very soon and hope that you will be impressed by our commitment and skills. Meantime, I welcome any comments or questions that you may have. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Member of British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (BACD)
- Full Clinical Member of Association of Dental Implantology (ADI)
- Invisalign-certified provider
- Member of European Society of Aesthetic Orthodontics (ESAO)
- Fellow of International Congress of Oral Implantology (ICOI)
- Member of British Society of Dental Sleep Medicine (BSDSM)
- Gold Member of the British Dental Bleaching Society (BDBS)
- Member of the British Society of Occlusal Studies (BSOS)
- Registered Somnowell Practitioner (Anti-snoring appliance)
- Practitioner of Inman aligners and Clear aligners
- General Dental Council Registration no. 58871